Monday, August 17, 2009

Is suffering necessary in human life?

My answer is YES. Suffering is needed in human existence.
But before I go ahead, let me tell you why I stopped blogging after my first two blogs. The reason was the hospitalization. I spent the whole month of May in a room in Makati Medical Center surrounded by needles in my arms and hands, by nurses, doctors and drugs. Sometimes there were more than 20 drugs a day to be taken. My stomach has become a small Mercury Drugstore. Since I left the hospital I had been struggling with cancer in the mugs of the mouth. The result of the biopsy was "Squamous Cells Carcinoma." It is still going on, but I hope to finish with it soon with the help of Mary Help of Christians.


What did I learn during the period of suffering? A good number of things. I thought that at the age of 70 I should be in control of my lower human tendencies but the reality was different. The main lesson I learned was to be more patient, understanding, and kind with those taking care of me. Say a short prayer to help me grow in these attitudes and virtues. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fr Revilla,
    Welcome back!! We really don't know each other but I came across your blog through Melo (of course, through his blog!!). Glad to hear that you are fine and back to sharing your thoughts and leaving an inspirational trail on the modern playground.
    Look forward to more of your views, opinions and insights.
    Castilino

    ReplyDelete